Posts

Happy Fiesta, San Nicolas de Tolentino!

Image
Saint Nicholas of Tolentino
Confessor
(1245-1310)

Born in 1245 in Sant'Angelo, St. Nicholas of Tolentino took his name from St. Nicholas of Myra, at whose shrine his parents prayed to have a child. Nicholas became a monk at 18, and seven years later, he was ordained a priest. He gained a reputation as a preacher and a confessor. C. 1274, he was sent to Tolentino, near his birthplace. The town suffered from civil strife between the Guelphs, who supported the pope, and Ghibellines, who supported the Holy Roman Emperor, in their struggle for control of Italy. Nicholas was primarily a pastor to his flock. He ministered to the poor and the criminal. He is said to have cured the sick with bread over which he had prayed to Mary, the mother of God. He gained a reputation as a wonder-worker. Nicholas died in 1305 after a long illness. People began immediately to petition for his canonization. Eugene IV canonized him in 1446, and his relics were rediscovered in 1926 at Tolentino.


ICC Pasig welcomes Nuestra Señora de Salvacion de Joroan

Image
History of the Devotion to Our Lady of Salvation
Every year, during the month of August until September, devotees from all over the Bicol Region visit the shrine of the Lady of Salvation in Joroan. The last Saturday of August is traditionally reserved as a special day of veneration wherein pilgrims would walk in a procession for 9 km from the St. Lawrence Church of Tiwi to the Diocesan Shrine in Joroan.

The history regarding the statue of Our Lady of Salvation and the Marian devotion centered on it rely heavily on the written accounts, based on existing traditions, of the first parish priest of Joroan, Rev. Fr. Lamberto S. Fulay (1919–1935), in his booklet "An Kasaysayan Kan Ladawan Ni Birhen de Salvacion". According to the written accounts of Fr. Fulay, it all began in the year 1770, when a certain haciendero named Don Silverio Arcilla assigned a tenant named Mariano Dacuba in one of his vast estates in Joroan (formerly known as Cagnipa). On a certain day, while Dacuba was …

ICC's rich history

Immaculate Conception Parish was formally erected July 2, 1573; it's on its 443rd year under the title of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Parish.

The Philippine Province of the Most Holy Name of Jesus of the Order of St. Augustine accepted the convent of Pasig under the title of "Conventus Visitationis Mariae de Pasi".  It covers almost majority of areas in Pasig, among them, Maybunga, Sto. Tomas de Villanueva, and Rosario.

When the Filipino-Spanish war broke out, the Augustinian Spanish friars were replaced by Don Victor Ramos y Aguillon, a Filipino priest who safeguarded the church possessions.  Unfortunately, the Americans violated international law and set houses of fire during the ensuing battle of February 9, 1899, destroying remnants of the jewels of the church safeguarded by the residents, including the image of the patroness. It was during 1903-1904 that the image of the Immaculada Concepcion de Pasig was acquired.

In 1910, Fr. Cornelio de Brouwer, CICM ar…

Sangpuso seminar sa ICC

Image
Every Catholic married couple needs to be renewed!


Diaconal Ordinaton set on Oct. 22, 2016

Image

Grand Family Congress

Image

Pastoral Letter of Pasig Bishop Mylo Hubert C. Vergara, D.D., Bishop of Pasig

Image
SA AWA NG DIYOS "Habag ang ibig ko at hindi hain." (Mateo 9, 13)